Due to the coronavirus pandemic, Military and Veterans Programs Walk-In Office will be closed until further notice. However, we will continue to provide essential services to our students via e-mail (email@example.com), telephone voicemail (575-646-4524), Microsoft Teams App (available through myNMSU: Launchpad: Office 365 Apps), and Zoom Video Communication (email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment).
For updates and guidance from the NMSU System on the novel coronavirus COVID-19, please visit: https://nmsu.edu/coronavirus
New Mexico State University (NMSU) is a military and veteran friendly university which strives to provide the best possible service for our military, veteran, and their dependents as they pursue their educational goals. NMSU Military and Veterans Programs promotes lifelong learning and professional development by offering:
- In-state tuition rates for active-duty military and their dependents stationed at regional military installations (including Ft. Bliss); or those eligible for U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Tuition Assistance (TA) or U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) education benefits
- Easily transferable military credits that count toward degrees at NMSU
- Facilitation of MyCAA military spouse benefits and DoD TA
- Advocacy from admission to graduation
- Student Veteran Housing for student veterans and their families
- Priority registration for military and veteran students
- Aggie Green Zone Training, educating faculty & staff about our student veterans and the unique value they bring to campus
- Salute Honor Society for student veterans
- Connection with the Student Veterans Organization (SVO) of NMSU
- Military, veteran, and dependent scholarships
- Internship opportunities
NMSU degree programs are approved by the State Approving Agency Directory at the New Mexico Higher Education Department. Eligible students may receive education benefits from the U.S. Department of Defense or U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
MVP Student Lab and Lounge
The MVP lab is available to military, veteran, and dependent students. The lab has six computers with several common access card (CAC) readers. The lab is open Monday through Friday from 8am-5pm. Enjoy a free cup of coffee while doing your homework and network with like-minded students. We offer free efax, copy, and printing services to further accommodate our students. The MVP Student Lounge is equipped with comfortable furniture, coffee station, a kitchen (microwave/refrigerator) area, and a place to study and relax between classes.