New Mexico State University (NMSU) is a military and veteran friendly university which strives to provide the best possible service to our current and former service members as they pursue their educational goals. Military and Veterans Programs (MVP) promotes lifelong learning and professional development for military, veterans, and their families by offering:
- In-state tuition rates for active-duty military and their dependents stationed at regional military installations (including Ft. Bliss); or those eligible for U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Tuition Assistance (TA) or U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) education benefits
- Easily transferable credits that count toward degrees at NMSU
- Facilitation of DoD TA and MyCAA military spouse benefits
- Student advocacy from admission to graduation
- Priority registration for military and veteran students
- Student Veteran Housing for student veterans and their families
- Aggie Green Zone Training, educating faculty & staff about our student veterans and the unique value they bring to campus
- Salute Honor Society for student veterans
- Connection with the Student Veterans Organization (SVO) of NMSU
- Military, veteran, and dependent scholarships
- Internship opportunities
NMSU degree programs are approved by the State Approving Agency Directory at the New Mexico Higher Education Department. Eligible students may receive education benefits from the U.S. Department of Defense or U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
Military and Veterans Programs (MVP) Lab
The MVP lab serves as a one stop shop for the military and veteran student community. The lab has six computers with common access card (CAC) readers. The lab is open Monday through Friday from 8am-5pm. Enjoy a free cup of coffee while doing your homework and network with other veterans. We offer free efax, copy, and printing services to further accommodate our students.