New Mexico State University (NMSU) is a military and veteran friendly university which strives to provide the best possible service for our military, veteran, and their dependents as they pursue their educational goals. NMSU Military and Veterans Programs (MVP) promotes lifelong learning and professional development by offering:
- In-state tuition rates for active-duty military and their dependents stationed at regional military installations (including Ft. Bliss); or those eligible for U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Tuition Assistance (TA) or U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) education benefits
- Easily transferable military credits that count toward degrees at NMSU
- Facilitation of MyCAA military spouse benefits and DoD TA
- Advocacy from admission to graduation
- Student Veteran Housing for student veterans and their families
- Priority registration for military and veteran students
- SALUTE National Honor Society for student veterans
- Connection with the Student Veterans Organization (SVO) of NMSU
- Scholarships and Internship opportunities
- Processing of TA and VA education benefits
- Student Computer Lab and Lounge
- Aggies Green Zone Training, educating faculty & staff about our military and veteran students and the unique value they bring to campus
NMSU degree programs are approved by the State Approving Agency Directory at the New Mexico Higher Education Department. Eligible students may receive education benefits from the U.S. Department of Defense or U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
MVP Student Computer Lab and Lounge
The MVP Student Computer Lab is available to military, veteran, and dependent students. The lab has six computers with several common access card (CAC) readers. A CAC reader enable students to access military websites in order to complete their TA requests. The Computer Lab is open Monday through Friday from 8am-5pm. We offer free efax, copy, and printing services to further accommodate our students. The MVP Student Lounge is equipped with comfortable furniture, coffee station, a kitchen (microwave/refrigerator) area, and a place to study and relax between classes. Students enjoy a free cup of coffee while doing their homework and network with like-minded students.