New Mexico National Guard Tuition Scholarship Program (NMNGTSP) also referred to as State Tuition Assistance (STA). The scholarship provides eligible members of the New Mexico National Guard an opportunity to pursue and complete a bachelor’s degree or below. STA will pay up to 100% per semester towards the cost of tuition and fees during the fiscal year (July 1 – June 30). STA applies to students pursuing their first bachelor’s degree or below (no second equivalent or certificate level is allowed). STA is paid directly to the school and is invoiced after the Last Day to Drop a Class. Army National Guard yearly cap is $4,000 and Air National Guard yearly cap is $8,000 cap. For invoice questions, contact University Accounts Receivable at firstname.lastname@example.org.
State Tuition Assistance Deadlines:
Fall Semester – July 15th
Spring Semester – December 1st
Summer Semester – May 1st
Please send the following documents (to the email address listed below):
- AGONMJC 2171-R State Tuition Assistance application (CAC Signature Required)
- The application process is no longer paper based. AGONMJC 2171-R form must be filled by the soldier and signed via CAC, then sent to their commander (CDR signature only) for their CAC signature. Complete applications can then be sent to the education office contact below.
- Statement of Understanding (SOU)
- Concise Student Schedule – available in your myNMSU account
- Registration Fee Assessment – available in your myNMSU account
* AGONMJC 2171-R State Tuition Assistance application must be digitally signed with the users CAC ONLY and sent via email as an original document. Manual handwritten is no longer authorized.
NOTE: If you submit the NMNGTSP–STA Application after the deadline, in addition to the above required documents, you must also submit an Exception to Policy (ETP) Waivers. Please follow the ETP Waivers (Appendix A and Appendix B) Templates for assistance. The Unit Commander must endorse the request for an ETP (Appendix B) before AGONMJC Form 2171-R is submitted to the ESO. ETPs will be considered on a case by case basis. All ETPs must be submitted within 30 days from the start date of the course for which the ETP is being applied.
In order to be approved and receive funding, the applying member must mail, hand deliver, or email, a copy of previous semester grades within 30 days of course completion (no exceptions) to:
|Army National Guard||Air National Guard|
|Department of Military Affairs||Air Education and Training Command|
|NMARNG-Education Office||Kirtland Air Force Base|
|10 Bataan Blvd Office #346||2251 Air Guard Rd SE|
|Santa Fe, NM 87508||Albuquerque, NM 87117|
|SPC Mark Lopez||TSgt Holly Bayly|
|SPC Xavier Romero||SMSgt Renee Oswald|
You must read and understand AGONM Joint Circular 621-5, dated 01 October 2017, as required in the Statement of Understanding (SOU). This circular describes National Guard policies, requirements and procedures for the New Mexico National Guard Tuition Scholarship Program (NMNGTSP).