MyCAA Spouse Scholarship

The My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) Scholarship Program, a component of the Department of Defense’s (DoD) Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) program, is a career development and employment assistance program. MyCAA helps military spouses pursue licenses, certificates, certifications or associate degrees (excluding associate degrees in General Studies, Liberal Arts, and Interdisciplinary Studies that do not have a concentration) necessary to gain employment in high demand, high growth portable career fields and occupations.

MyCAA provides a maximum education benefit of $4,000 with an annual fiscal year (Oct. 1 – Sept. 30) cap of $2,000 to assist eligible military spouses who need professional credentials to meet their portable career goals. Annual cap waivers are available for licensure and certificate programs if there is an upfront tuition cost that exceeds $2,000 (up to the maximum education benefit of $4,000).

Spouses can visit the MyCAA Spouse Portal online at and provide the required Spouse Profile information. A real-time Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) eligibility check will confirm if spouses meet MyCAA eligibility requirements. Once confirmed, spouses can move forward and establish a MyCAA Account. Those who do not pass this check will be provided additional guidance.

Having trouble using the MyCAA Spouse Portal? Contact the MyCAA HELP DESK for technical assistance by sending an email to: 

MyCAA Program Basics:

The My Career Advancement Account Scholarship Fact Sheet explains:

  • Who is eligible to participate in the MyCAA Program
  • What MyCAA funding does and does not pay for
  • How to establish a MyCAA Account
  • How to provide feedback to MyCAA
  • How to get additional information and assistance

Click here to review the updated MyCAA Spouse FAQs

Getting Started is Easy!

  1. Follow instructions to Login or Register
  2. Establish MyICP with SECO
  3. Create Goal and Education & Training Plan
  4. Request Financial Assistance for your course of study

Get Started!

MyCAA Information and Assistance:
Call Military OneSource to speak to a Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) Career Counselor at 800-342-9647. Counselors are available Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. eastern time and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. eastern time.