The My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) Scholarship Program, a component of the Department of Defense’s (DoD) Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) program, is a career development and employment assistance program. MyCAA helps military spouses, who have successfully completed high school, pursue licenses, credentials, or associate degrees with a specific concentration or major to pursue an occupation or career with transferable and portable skills. PDF form: MyCAA Flyer
MyCAA provides a maximum education benefit of $4,000 with an annual fiscal year (Oct. 1 – Sept. 30) cap of $2,000 to assist eligible military spouses who have completed high school and who need professional credentials, in pursuing an occupation or career with transferable and portable skills. MyCAA does not pay for fees of any kind, including, but not limited to, registration fees, technology fees, or parking fees
Spouses can visit the MyCAA Spouse Portal online at https://aiportal.acc.af.mil/mycaa and provide the required Spouse Profile information. A real-time Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) eligibility check will confirm if spouses meet MyCAA eligibility requirements. Once confirmed, spouses can move forward and establish a MyCAA Account. Call Military OneSource to speak to a SECO Career Counselor at 800-342-9647. Counselors are available Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. eastern time and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. eastern time.
Having trouble using the MyCAA Spouse Portal? Contact the MyCAA HELP DESK for technical assistance by sending an email to: MYCAAHELP@militaryonesource.mil
MyCAA Program Basics:
The My Career Advancement Account Scholarship Fact Sheet explains:
- Who is eligible to participate in the MyCAA Program
- What MyCAA funding does and does not pay for
- How to establish a MyCAA account
- How to provide feedback to MyCAA
- How to get additional information and assistance
Click here to review the updated MyCAA Spouse FAQs
Getting Started is Easy!
- Follow instructions to Log in or Register
- Establish MyICP with SECO
- Create a career goal in your MyCAA account
- Contact your school Academic Advisor and ask them to create an Education & Training Plan (ETP). Please refer to the guidance and tips provided for Academic Advisors to help them complete the ETP for MyCAA students. Make sure to submit your ETP to your MyCAA account (ETP Approval can take up to 14 business days).
- Request Financial Assistance (FA) for every course of study
- Request FA within 60 days before the start date of the course
- FA requests must be submitted ONE DAY before the term start date
- FA is invoiced after the Last Day to Drop a Class (Census Date)