The Aggies Green Zone program is a virtual 30-minute training for NMSU faculty and staff members. It equips them with the knowledge and skills needed to address the needs of our military and veteran students. The program focuses on developing a supportive environment in which students feel welcomed and trusted, especially in their transition from military to university and civilian life. After completing the virtual training, participants will receive a Certificate of Appreciation, MVP Proud Supporter button and an invitation to the on-campus workshop.
Those who complete both activities and agree to become a Green Zone Ally will earn an Aggies Green Zone designation. Green Zone Allies are empathetic faculty and staff members students can reach out to for support. Allies are not expected to be experts in military and veteran services, but they can make a positive impact by lending a sympathetic ear or connecting students to appropriate resources.
Aggies Green Zone Allies are listed by name and contact information on the MVP website. In recognition for being an Ally, you will receive an Aggies Green Zone sticker to proudly display in your work area. Should you wish to become an Aggies Green Zone Ally, please let us know!
Green Zone Allies are faculty and staff who:
- Manage a classroom discussion around issues sensitive to military and veterans students
- Recognize common indicators of post-deployment stress and, if necessary, refer them to appropriate support services
- Summarize the unique strengths of military and veteran students
Aggies Green Zone training in 10-Easy-Steps:
- Visit website: https://kognitocampus.com
- Create an Account
- Enter Your Enrollment Key: newmexvets
- Answer Account Questions
- Launch Pre-Training Survey
- Complete Training
- Take Post-Training Survey
- Download Certificate
- Print Military and Veteran Support Services and Do’s and Don’ts documents
- Thank you for completing the Aggies Green Zone Training!