The Aggie Green Zone is designed to help develop a supportive and caring place for our military and veteran student community. A green zone is a location recognized by military and veteran students as a “safe” place. The Aggie Green Zone will provide faculty and staff members the knowledge and skills to identify and address the needs of students and to assist them in successfully completing their transition from military to university and civilian life.
The Aggie Green Zone training is a virtual 30-minute training simulation. Those who complete the training are considered our allies and will receive a Green Zone designation. Green Zone Allies are not expected to be experts in veteran services, but they can lend a sympathetic ear and connect the student with appropriate resources within the campus or in the community.
Faculty and staff who complete the training will receive an Aggie Green Zone button and have their name listed on our website as having completed the training. It is our goal to recognize and acknowledge our Green Zone Allies as the military and veteran friendly resource for our students!
Green Zone Allies are faculty and staff who:
- Understand the military experience, including the emotional cycle of deployment, the challenges of transitions to campus life, and the experience of military family members
- Manage a classroom discussion around issues sensitive to military and veterans students
- Recognize common indicators of post-deployment stress, including signs of PTSD, and, if necessary, refer them to on- and off-campus support services
- Summarize the unique strengths of military and veteran students
Green Zone training in 10-Easy-Steps:
- Go to site: https://kognitocampus.com
- Create an Account
- Enter Your Enrollment Key: newmexvets
- Answer Questions
- Launch Survey
- Take Training
- Take Survey to Rate Training
- Download Certificate
- Print Local Veteran Support Services and Do’s and Don’ts sheets
- Thank you for taking the Veterans on Campus Green Zone Training!