NMSU Military and Veterans Programs’ function is to serve as the liaison between NMSU students and the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) in Muskogee, Oklahoma.
Our duties include:
- Certifying students for required courses which apply to a Bachelors, Masters or Doctoral degree programs (courses meeting requirements for minors are not certifiable)
- Working with students to ensure that overpayments are not created
- Reporting adjustments of students’ credit hours
You are responsible for contacting us and submitting all required information every semester you plan on using your VA education benefits.
Veterans Non-Resident Tuition Waiver
Effective July 1, 2009, qualified veterans (who do not live in New Mexico) can receive in-state tuition as directed by Senate Bill 136.
If a veteran is qualified under SB 136, they need to:
- Submit a signed Veterans Non-Resident Tuition Waiver to NMSU Military and Veterans Programs School Certifying Officials within 2 weeks of the start of the semester.
- School Certifying Officials will verify that the veteran is eligible for benefits as outlined in SB 136. The waiver will then be forwarded to the Registrar’s Office to prompt in-state tuition rates.