NMSU Military and Veterans Programs’ function is to serve as the liaison between NMSU students and the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) in Muskogee, Oklahoma.
VA Education Regional Processing Office
P.O. Box 8888, Muskogee, OK 74402-8888
Phone: (888) 442-4551, Fax: (918) 781-7863
Call between 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. Central Time, Monday-Friday.
Automated Verification: (877) 823-2378
MVP duties include:
- Certifying students for required courses which apply to a Bachelors, Masters or Doctoral degree programs (courses meeting requirements for minors are not certifiable)
- Working with students to ensure that overpayments are not created
- Reporting adjustments of students’ credit hours
You are responsible for contacting us and submitting all required information every semester you plan on using your VA education benefits.
Veterans Non-Resident Tuition Waiver
Effective July 1, 2009, qualified veterans (who do not live in New Mexico) can receive in-state tuition as directed by Senate Bill 136.
If a veteran is qualified under SB 136, they need to:
- Submit a signed Veterans Non-Resident Tuition Waiver to NMSU Military and Veterans Programs School Certifying Officials within 2 weeks of the start of the semester.
- School Certifying Officials will verify that the veteran is eligible for benefits as outlined in SB 136. The waiver will then be forwarded to the Registrar’s Office to prompt in-state tuition rates.