New Mexico National Guard Tuition Scholarship Program (NMNGTSP) also referred to as
State Tuition Assistance (STA)
The scholarship provides eligible members of the New Mexico Army and Air National Guard an opportunity to pursue and complete up to a baccalaureate degree for professional and personal development by defraying a major portion of educational tuition expenses. The NMNGTSP will pay up to 100% for tuition expenses (up to $250 per semester hour) with a limit of $4,500.
State Tuition Assistance Deadlines:
- Fall – August 1st
- Spring – December 15th
- Summer – May 15th
In order to be approved and receive funding, the applying member must mail, hand deliver, or email, a copy of previous semester grades within 30 days of course completion (no exceptions) to:
Department of Military Affairs
10 Bataan Blvd Rm# 436
Santa Fe, NM 87508
The member must also submit the following documents (to above email):
- ORIGINAL AGONMJC 2171-R Application (Appendix A) – must be mailed or hand-delivered
- AGONMJC 2171-R Application (Appendix A)
- Statement of Understanding (SOU)-Appendix B
- Degree Plan (DP)
- Concise Student Schedule – available in your myNMSU account
- Registration Fee Assessment – available in your myNMSU account
- Valid completion document; (i.e. official and/or unofficial transcript of all coursework taken) within 30 days of course completion directly to the NMNG Education office via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line of email should state: STA Grades: Member’s Name.
You must read and understand AGONM Joint Circular 621-5, dated 17 December 2012, as required in the Statement of Understanding (SOU). This circular describes National Guard policies, requirements and procedures for the New Mexico National Guard’s Tuition Scholarship Program (NMNGTSP).