The Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts Program (MyCAA), a component of the Department of Defense’s (DoD) Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) program, is a career development and employment assistance program. MyCAA helps military spouses pursue licenses, certificates, certifications or Associate’s Degrees (excluding Associate’s Degrees in General Studies, Liberal Arts, and Interdisciplinary Studies that do not have a concentration) necessary for gainful employment in high demand, high growth Portable Career Fields and Occupations.
MyCAA provides a maximum education benefit of $4,000 with an annual fiscal year cap of $2,000 to assist eligible military spouses who need professional credentials to meet their Portable Career goals. Annual cap waivers are available for licensure and certificate programs if there is an upfront tuition cost that exceeds $2,000 (up to the maximum education benefit of $4,000).
MyCAA Program Basics
The MyCAA Fact Sheet explains:
- Who is eligible to participate in the MyCAA Program
- What MyCAA funding does and does not pay for
- How to establish a MyCAA Account
- How to provide feedback to MyCAA
- How to get additional information and assistance.
Click here to review the updated FAQs for Spouses
Contact Military OneSource and ask for the Spouse Education and Career Opportunities Center. Counselors are available Monday through Friday from seven am until ten pm (7am-10pm) eastern time and Saturday from ten am until five pm (10am-5pm) eastern time at 1-800-342-9647.
Contact Military OneSource to receive assistance with:
- Career Interest & Other Self-Assessments
- Career Exploration & Decision Making
- Selection of Programs of Study and Schools
- Additional Sources of Financial Assistance
- MyCAA Education and Training Plans
- School & Employment Readiness
- Resume Writing, Interviewing and Job Searching
Networking, Spouse Employment Partners, and more!