The My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) Scholarship Program, a component of the Department of Defense’s (DoD) Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) program, is a career development and employment assistance program. MyCAA helps military spouses pursue licenses, certificates, certifications or associate degrees (excluding associate degrees in General Studies, Liberal Arts, and Interdisciplinary Studies that do not have a concentration) necessary to gain employment in high demand, high growth portable career fields and occupations.
MyCAA provides a maximum education benefit of $4,000 with an annual fiscal year (Oct. 1 – Sept. 30) cap of $2,000 to assist eligible military spouses who need professional credentials to meet their portable career goals. Annual cap waivers are available for licensure and certificate programs if there is an upfront tuition cost that exceeds $2,000 (up to the maximum education benefit of $4,000). MyCAA does not pay for fees of any kind, including, but not limited to, registration fees, technology fees, and parking fees.
Spouses can visit the MyCAA Spouse Portal online at https://aiportal.acc.af.mil/mycaa and provide the required Spouse Profile information. A real-time Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) eligibility check will confirm if spouses meet MyCAA eligibility requirements. Once confirmed, spouses can move forward and establish a MyCAA Account. Those who do not pass this check will be provided additional guidance.
Having trouble using the MyCAA Spouse Portal? Contact the MyCAA HELP DESK for technical assistance by sending an email to: MYCAAHELP@militaryonesource.mil
MyCAA Program Basics:
The My Career Advancement Account Scholarship Fact Sheet explains:
- Who is eligible to participate in the MyCAA Program
- What MyCAA funding does and does not pay for
- How to establish a MyCAA Account
- How to provide feedback to MyCAA
- How to get additional information and assistance
Click here to review the updated MyCAA Spouse FAQs
Getting Started is Easy!
- Follow instructions to Login or Register
- Establish MyICP with SECO
- Create Goal and Education & Training Plan (also known as Academic Degree Plan)
- Obtain copy of your Academic Degree Plan through your Academic Advisor
- Send copy to Military & Veterans Programs (MVP) for adjustments
- In person: Corbett Center Student Union, Room 244 (2nd Floor)
- By email: email@example.com (attn: Erika Zaragoza)
- By fax: (575) 646-1113
- MVP will send your Academic Degree Plan back to you
- Submit Education & Training Plan (Degree Plan) to MyCAA for approval
- Request Financial Assistance for your course of study
- FA requests must be submitted ONE DAY before the term start date.
- FA is invoiced after the Last Day to Drop a Class (Census Date).
When can a spouse apply for MyCAA Financial Assistance (FA)?
After spouses have created an Education and Training Plan (Degree Plan) and received MyCAA approval, they can request financial assistance on a course-by-course basis for courses starting within 60 days and no later than 15 days before the start date of the course. Courses that have different start and/or end dates must be on separate FA requests. FA’s can take up to 14 business days to be approved.
MyCAA Information and Assistance:
Call Military OneSource to speak to a Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) Career Counselor at 800-342-9647. Counselors are available Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. eastern time and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. eastern time.
PDF form: MyCAA flyer