NMSU branding
New Mexico State University
New Mexico State University

Tuition Assistance

Tuition Assistance is a benefit paid to eligible members of the Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines, and Navy. The Department of Defense (DoD) has given each service the ability to pay up to 100% of the actual cost of tuition (no fees) not to exceed $250 per-semester hour during the fiscal year (Oct. 1 – Sept. 30). This money is paid directly to NMSU by the individual services. Each service has its own criteria for eligibility, obligated service, application process’ and restrictions. Please select your branch of service below to begin the process:

Admission and Registration

Servicemembers must first be admitted to NMSU to register for classes.  Apply Online to complete the admissions process. You may contact University Admissions at (575) 646-3121 or admissions@nmsu.edu for assistance.

Please be aware of our admission/registration process: (1) Servicemembers must apply online to be admitted, (2) login to myNMSU to register for classes, and (3) request Tuition Assistance according to your branch.

Attention Army and National Guard students – If a class you are currently enrolled in at NMSU is not in the GoArmyEd portal, do not register into another section. Instead, contact Military and Veterans Programs at (575) 646-4524 or by email mvp@nmsu.edu. After enrolling in a class, if you need to drop it for any reason, you must process your drop in both GoArmyEd and NMSU systems in accordance with institutional policies and procedures. The refund schedule is dependent on how long it takes the servicemember to drop from the class after the school’s drop date.

Military Waiver

Active-duty military personnel (Armed Forces,) stationed in New Mexico or at Fort Bliss, Texas may complete a “Resident Tuition Application for Active Duty Military” waiver to qualify for in-state tuition. Spouses and minor children of active-duty personnel who are stationed in New Mexico and Fort Bliss, Texas who are not otherwise entitled to claim in-state residency, may apply for in-state tuition by submitting a “Resident Tuition Application for Active-Duty Military” waiver to the NMSU Registrar. Applications are available at the NMSU Registrar’s Office or by contacting Military and Veterans Programs. The military waiver form must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar by the census date for reduced tuition.

Office of the Registrar
MSC 3AR, PO Box 30001
Las Cruces, NM 88003
Phone: (575) 646-3411
Fax: (575) 646-1579
Email: registra@nmsu.edu