New Mexico State University (NMSU) is a military and veteran friendly university which strives to provide the best possible service to our current and former service members as they pursue their educational goals. Military and Veterans Programs (MVP) promotes lifelong learning and professional development for veterans, active-duty military and their families, assisting them in their higher education goals by offering:
- Affordable, in-state tuition rates for active-duty military and their dependents eligible for DoD Tuition Assistance (TA) education benefits or that are living at regional military installations, and veterans and their dependents eligible for U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) education benefits
- Easily transferable credits that count toward degrees at NMSU
- Facilitation of all U.S. Department of Defense Tuition Assistance (TA) benefits
- Student advocacy at every level, from admission to graduation
- Priority registration for all military and veteran students
- Student Veteran Housing for student veterans and their families
- Veterans on Campus Training, training faculty & staff on our student veterans and the unique value they bring to campus
- Salute Honor Society for student veterans
- Connection with student organizations (i.e. Student Veteran Organization)
- Military and veteran scholarships
- Internship opportunities
NMSU degree programs are approved by the State Approving Agency Directory at the New Mexico Higher Education Department. Eligible students may receive education benefits from the U.S. Department of Defense or U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
Military and Veterans Programs (MVP) Lab
The MVP lab serves as a one stop shop for military and veteran students. The MVP lab has six computers, two of which, have common access card (CAC) readers. The lab is open 8am-5pm, Monday through Friday and is available to all military and veteran students including dependents. Enjoy a free cup of coffee while doing your homework and network with like-minded veterans. We offer free efax, copy and printing services to further accommodate our students.